1.Tell me something about Abraham.
2.Tell me about God's character and covenant in the book of Genesis.
3.What have you learned about Jesus' life so far?
Copy Autumn Fires:
In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!
Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The gray smoke towers.
Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall!
Write each letter of the alphabet in print, using perfect formation and sizing.
(**My son has dysgraphia/dyslexia and he struggles with writing, creating the need to work on basic handwriting in a remedial fashion, combining it with copywork. Many students by this age will not need both, and you can simply assign copywork.)
Composition : Personal NarrativeWhat was your favorite book, topic, or lesson this term and why?
Tell me about the most exciting or most interesting tale that we read this term.
1.Tell me about how the poems we read were used to tell a story.
2.What different types of poems did you observe?
What kind of man was Martin Luther, and how did his life impact yours?
Which baby animal were you surprised to learn something about?
1. Compare the character of Joseph and the character of Asinus,
2. What do you admire about Sam's life in the mountains?
3. Which of your books do you think is forming you or teaching you the most, and why?
1.What woman from American history were you most impressed by, and why?
2. Tell me about a contribution from our country's history that you feel impacted by today.
1. What have you learned about the life and character of a knight?
2. Tell me about either a historical knight or a knight from legend, and why you admire their character.
1. What is archeology?
2. Tell me about the Reformation and its impact on the Church.
1. Describe your photgraphic "trip" across the United States.
2. What location did you find most fascinating and how would you describe it to someone who is thinking of traveling there?
Draw the basic shape of Texas and show some places and things that you know about.
1.Which f Audubon's works is your favorite and why?
2. Describe Carl Larsson's work and its connection with his family.
1.Describe life in a coral reef?
2 Tell me about how God designed coral.
1.Tell me about the life of Blacky the Crow.
2. What lessons has Blacky learned?
1.What is the Constitution and why was it written?
2.How is the US government structured to distribute power?
1. Choose two exercises from your Math Notebook to tell me about.
2. Tell me about telling time, as if I am your student.
1. Choose a line from Autumn Fires to have dictated.
2. Choose a line from the Love Chapter of Scripture to have dictated.
(**My son's dyslexia means that we are still learning to read, and could be for several more years. Our exams look differently, as a result, and yours can just include reading aloud for this age.)
Read The Pancake.
1.Tell me about one period of classical music, and its impact on the world of music as a whole.
2. Which group of orchestral instruments do you like the most, and why?
1.Which object lesson did you find most interesting this term and what did you observe from it?
2. Choose an entry from your journal to tell me about and to draw or diagram here.
1.What about Shakespeare's life do you find intriguing?
2. What do you think supplied or contributed to Shakespeare's love for and unmatched ability to use words?
1.Why do you think Martin Luther called God a Mighty Fortress?
2. How is God YOUR Mighty Fortress?
Compare two of America's patriotic songs and tell me which one you like better.
Choose three of the unique architectural elements present in the Library of Congress to describe.
1. What is temptation and how can we handle it?
2. Tell me about each of the 5 Solas of the Christian faith and what they mean to you.
Word of the Day
Choose a quote from the Poor Richard's Almanac, define its words and tell me what the quote means.
(Repeat on days 2 and 3)
1. Recite Autumn Fires
2. Recite the "Love Chapter"
3. Recite the first 3 stanzas of "If".
4. Recite 1 Corinthians 13:11
5. Answer catechism questions #s 15-18
6. Recite the first 3 sections of the Nicene Creed.
7. List the fruits of the Spirit.
Sing I Need Thee Every Hour
Sing Yankee Doodle
Sing each note you've learned on the solfa scale, and show me the hand motions.
Draw birds from different viewpoints.
Paint anything that you believe will display your painting skills.
1.Count to 20.
2. Introduce yourself.
1.Count to 10.
2. Speak the question words: who, what, when, where, why, how
(**Because of dyslexia, language instruction of all types must be taken extremely slowly. Your questions might look different or be more difficult.)
Complete 3 sloyd envelopes and then make Christmas cards to go inside.
Exam Week Schedule
Word of the Day
May Your Day be Spent...Delightfully Feasting,