1. Tell me about either Creation or the Flood.
2. What is something from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount that truly stuck with you?
Copy the following quote:
"He who knows best knows how little he knows." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Write your name in perfect formation, with perfect spacing between letters.
Day 1: Teddy
Day 2: David
Day 3: Morris
(**My son has dysgraphia/dyslexia and he struggles with writing, creating the need to work on basic handwriting in a remedial fashion, combining it with copywork. Many students by this age will not need both, and you can simply assign copywork.)
Composition : Personal Narrative
Tell me about your favorite school lesson, trip, book, activity, or nature outing this term.
Tell me about the character that Teacher displayed in the life of Helen Keller.
Tell me what you think makes a naturalist (like Jane Goodall) love their research or their work.
1. Choose a child or Mamsie from Five Little Peppers to describe.
2. Choose an event from Star of Light to describe.
3. What do you know so far about what Pilgrim's journey represents and what we can learn from the story of Pilgrim's Progress?
4.What do you think Pilgrim's journey still has to come?
1.What was life like for explorers of the New World?
2. Choose two explorers of the New World and compare or contrast them, or their journeys.
1. What did you find interesting about the Gladiators?
2. Tell me about the first Christians in Rome?
3. Describe the structures of the Mound Builders and why they were an incredible feat.
1. Describe one of Paddle's adventures.
2. What ONE word would you use to describe Paddle's journey, and why?
Construct, draw, correct, and finalize plans for the room that we are in.
1.Which Whistler paining did you enjoy the most, and why?
2. Describe Whistler's style of painting.
3. What did you find interesting about Whistler's life?
1.What is life like on an African savannah?
2.What African animal did you find most fascinating, and why?
1.Choose a bird from our readings to tell me about, and describe his life and habits to me.
2.Choose either the Old Orchard or the Smiling Brook and tell me what has been happening there.
1. Tell me what you learned about life as a Massai.
2. Choose one of the African countries that we explored and describe the life of a typical family.
1. Choose a concept from your Math Notebook to tell me about.
2. Make a table or chart to record the square, blue, and green items in the room.
3. Tell me about the data on your table.
Day 1: AND
Day 2: FROM
Day 3: SHE
(**My son's dyslexia means that we are still learning to read, and could be for several more years. Our exams look differently, as a result, and yours can just include reading aloud for this age.)
Choose a word family from your Super Speller (word notebook) to read and write it here.
1. Choose either The Messiah or Water Music to tell me about.
2. What did you find interesting about the life of Handel?
1.Choose something from your nature journal entries this term to tell me about.
2. Tell me about a walk, observation, or exploration that you have had this term.
1.What character in The Tempest did you find most surprising, and why?
2. If you could rewrite the ending of The Tempest, how would the story conclude or resolve?
1.Why do you think Amazing Grace is such an enduring, well-loved hymn?
2. How can we see how amazing God's grace truly is in the life of John Newton?
Describe the interesting history of The Crabfish.
Describe the columns of greek architecture.
Word of the Day
Choose a word from your personal Dictionary, tell me what it means and write it in a sentence here.
(Repeat on days 2 and 3)
1. Recite Calico Pie
2. Recite Psalm 100
3. Recite "Spring"
4. Recite Colossians 3:23
5. Answer catechism questions #s 1-15.
Sing Amazing Grace
Sing And Can It Be
Sing A Tisket, A Tasket
Sing and Use Solfa Hand Motions for Star Light, Star Bright
Repeat and improve upon a drawing project completed this term.
Paint anything that you believe will display your painting skills.
1.Show me some finger spelling and sign some word learned this term.
2. Tell me the difference between ASL and exact signed English.
1. Sing B.A.N.J.O
2. Speak some words learned this term.
(**Because of dyslexia, language instruction of all types must be taken extremely slowly. Your questions might look different or be more difficult.)
Complete your Heart soap carving and give it away.
Exam Week Schedule
Word of the Day
Word of Day
Word of the Day
Natural History (2)
May Your Day be Spent...Delightfully Feasting,